Prompt 4 Feedback

Hi MUSKAN,

I really enjoy reading your interactive design post. I like how you choose this short video for your students to learn. Personally I found it is very easy for me to focus on the short video, after I watched the entire video, I felt I could pass the quiz now. I fully agree on  interaction would help improve learner’s communication abilities. An interesting video would grab student’s attention. A short video would also help retain student’s attention. So they would learn knowledge more fun than just listening to the instructor or just reading through materials. I do have a quick question, since this is just a pure learning video that doesn’t need student to stop or answer question right away, how would you make sure you student would pay attention to the key information they need? Will you provide any guidance before they review this video so they know what they are expect to learn by watch this video?

Overall, this is a ver informative post. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Guoqin

Hi Ariana,

I really like the video you picked for your interaction learning resource. It used the anamiation to provide live example for student to understand how stress happened in peope’s body. I like how it uses alert sounds in between to help learning know the body is under stress. I agree with you that the natural of the video is not interactive but we as the course design could add more instructions to help student interactive with this video. In my resource design, I planned a live session which help require student to interact with lively. They will be response to the questions or provide their opinions about the learning content ( include video) during the live session. I think this is a great way for them to feel about get engaged with the class.

I also would apricated your thought about adding subtitles for the video. Less distraction to the video sometime might create distraction, as I am not sure where to focus on.

Overall, I think this is a great post.

Guoqin