Interactive Resource Review for Pod 4

Hi Amelia, Mia, Xinh, Ariana and Hailey,

Thank you so much for providing your informative learning resource about “Stress” on google doc.

After reading your learning resource, I enjoyed this well-designed google doc for your straightforward design. Here are my feedbacks and some questions or suggestions for your learning resource.

1. All content is closely relevant to your topic “Stress”, I like how your group managed to introduce students to small topics as the start, then get into more intermediate information about stress.
  2. Your activities are built up to help students understand your modules and relate their experiences with your learning content. This is also reflected in the Constructivism learning theory you indicate in your learning theory design section.
  3. Your learning outcomes are very clear, and using verbs ensures the outcome can be easily assessed. I like how you include a learning outcome in your description of modules in the google doc, so learner knows what they are expected to learn from each module. Would you consider do the same thing in your google slide as well? I noticed you only put a list of learning outcomes in your slide at the beginning of your resource. However, a student might not learn the module at once; it might be good to add learning outcomes at the beginning of each module to enhance the learner’s memories.
  4. I like how specific the learning group your team is targeting to, and you are covering for the student who is colour blind and English language learner. I like how you use consistent colours throughout your design and consider including speech-to-text and translation tool to help students in their learning process.
  5. By reading through your design, I think your team is assuming this would be a face-to-face middle school class as most of your activities are worked on paper and pencil. Would you consider any alternative method for students who must learn through online classes? For example, if student get COVID-19 has to quarantine at home, can they learn this course online and still be able to engage with other classmates?
  6. It is great to see that you have also considered your course topic within your assessment plan: you are providing different assessment formats to help students reduce their stress. However, I noticed your team didn’t include any grading information. Would these assessments be graded, or are they all non-grading assessments?
  7. One last suggestion, I would put your slideshow presentation section before your module; in this way, when I read through your description of each module I can also review your slides for correspondence sections.

Overall, I think your team did a great job on the interactive learning resource by adding a lot face to face learning activities. I’ve also learned a lot from the content you have put for your learning modules. Thanks for sharing this exciting topic with us.